A team of delegates of the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Olusola Kehinde, of the Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB) has met with the leadership of the FUNAAB Muslim Community and the Muslim Students Society of Nigeria (MSSN), FUNAAB Branch to clarify the matters arising from the posts on the harassment of Muslim sisters wearing niqob.
The meeting deliberated extensively and resolved as follows:
1. That the university, Muslim Community and MSSN need to publicize the true position on these matters at all times so that staff and students will be in no doubt about them.
2. That the university did not ban the use of niqob as clearly stated by the University Lawyers and concurred by the Judge when the matter was presented in Court.
3. That the court recognised the powers and rights of the university to demand that staff, students and visitors satisfactorily identify themselves when on its premises.
4. That matters of indiscipline and failure to obey legitimate rules and regulations in the university should not be misconstrued in any way.
5. That aggrieved students, staff or visitors whose rights may have been infringed upon should use the appropriate channels within the university to seek redress
Please, if anyone is unclear on these matters, reach out to the appropriate representatives of the university, the Muslim Community or the MSSN-FUNAAB Branch for further clarifications.
#BeLawAbiding #MSSN #MUSLIM COMMUNITY #FGN #NASS