The National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) has announced the provision for Higher National Diploma, HND holders to convert their certificates into bachelor’s degrees through its online one year programme.
Speaking on the eligibility criteria, the Board stated that interested candidates must have graduated from one of the accredited polytechnics or monotechnics in the country.
The enrollment process is as follows:
Step 1: Go to the admission portal (admission.topup.nbte.gov.ng) and click ‘Create Account’.
Step 2: Fill in all the required information as reflected on your HND certificate.
Step 3: Click submit application.
1. Candidates must ensure that the university’s programmes chosen align with the technical and vocational fields covered by NBTE.
2. After course selection, the candidate gets the option to select which institute he/she wants to study at, and there he/she can see their programme fees, followed by a button to even view details about the institute on their institutional profile page.
3. Upon form submission, the candidate can check their application status under the ‘my applications’ tab, and he/she can go ahead with the submission of the form fees (USD 100) to enable the university to start processing your admission.
4. The interested candidate can further go to the payments tab to download his/her fee receipt for the application form fee payment.
5. After the university has approved his/her admission, he or she can go to my application and download your admission letter.